Breaking out of Limitations
WHAT IS A LIMIT?
A limit is a peg, hindrance or barrier that defines restriction for example a SPEED LIMIT restricts the car to a certain speed, even though the car was built for a much higher speed and can move faster than the limit. A LIMIT IS THAT THING THAT DOES NOT ALLOW YOU TO MAXIMISE YOUR POTENTIAL. Jeremiah 4 v 3 says, “BREAK UP YOUR FALLOW GROUNDS
TYPES OF LIMITATION:
- Spiritual limitation – Isaiah 6 v 1 – The Prophet’s vision of God had been limited until the year that King Uzziah died.
- Fear– Fear can also limit a Christian from achieving or maximising his potential. 2 Tim 1 v 7 here we can see that fear is a spirit, the NIV calls fear a spirit of TIMIDITY.
- Limitation of the mind (Thinking)– In Numbers 13 when the children of Israel went to spy the land 10 out of 12 were limited in their thoughts and perceived themselves as grasshoppers. Thank God for Joshua and Caleb that were not negative or limited in their thinking.
- Free your thoughts from limitation. Your chance in life and journey to greatness begins with a change in your thinking. Phil 4 V 8 – Whatsoever things are true, honest, just, pure, lovely, good report, if there be any virtue, if there be any praise, think on these things.
HOW TO BREAK OUT OF LIMITATION
1. The Jabez example: 1 Chron 4 V 10 – BY PRAYER: Jabez had a spiritual limitation – he was honourable, well behaved but he had a BAD LABEL. When you look at the prayer he prayed you can discover the problems he had.
- Bless me indeed: He was not a blessed man, lack of blessing is lack of material means, no money, living in debts, no job, suffering. A life that is not blessed by God will be experiencing hardship, lack, strife.
- Enlarge my coast: He was limited in everything, no advancement in life, living in the same run down house for years, could not pay house rent talkless of building his own house. Stagnation, working like an elephant and eating like an ant.
- Thine hand be with me: Jabez could not see the hand of God on his life and what he was doing. He was probably experiencing failure in business, taking wrong decisions, always losing money, lack of favour because when the hand of God is on you, you will have direction and open doors.
- Keep me from evil: Jabez must have had evil experiences, same way some of us have or are presently experiencing a lot of evil and unfavourable occurrences in life.
- Not grieve me: Jabez was unhappy about his life. Today many people have genuine reasons making them unhappy but we can copy Jabez by crying out loud to God for breakthrough. Do not give up and say what will be will be. Jabez stood out not because of a major feat he accomplished, but because of A PRAYER REQUEST HE MADE.
2. The Woman with the issue of blood: Luke 8 v 43 -48. The bible says she had the condition for 12 years, and had spent all her money on medical bills. She reached out and touched Jesus and she was healed.
3. In Matthew 4 v 23 – 24: Jesus went about healing all manner of sicknesses and diseases. Many who were under demonic oppression were set free.
When you call on Jesus you must have faith in your heart. Faith is the currency that you need to receive from God. You may be wondering, that how can I receive from this Jesus. You need to be born-again. In Matt 11 v 28 – Jesus says come unto me all ye that labour and are heavy laden and I will give you rest . The bible declares in Isaiah 59 v 20 – The Redeemer (Jesus) shall come to Zion and unto them that turn from transgression in Jacob. If you repent of your sins and confess with your mouth that Jesus died and rose again and you invite him into your life, you will be saved.
John 3 v 3 – Beyond anything we can receive from God on earth, the bible emphasises that except a man be born again, he cannot ENTER the kingdom of God. Romans 10 v 9 – If you shall confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus and shall believe in thine heart that God raised him from the dead, thou shall be saved.
- Psalm 3 v 3 – But thou Oh Lord art a shield for me, my glory and the lifter up of mine head. Oh Lord my God in the name of Jesus lift up my head from every flood of adversity in Jesus name.
- PSALMS 24 V 7 – Every gate of limitation in my life, my family, my business or career in the name of Jesus lift up your head.
- Isaiah 43 v 19 – Every old structure that wants to limit my destiny from springing forth, it is written my God will make a way in the wilderness and rivers in the desert. So you old structure of limitation in my life, in Jesus name collapse!
- 1 Peter 2 v 24 – He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness, by his stripes we are healed.
Pastor Busola Jegede.