Fresh Fire for Greater Glory
1. The fresh fire is the Holy Spirit – Acts 2 v 1-4. The Holy Spirit manifests as fire.
2. The Holy Spirit is further evidenced by speaking in tongues.
3. The Holy Spirit is a person and when He comes upon you He gives you power. Acts 1v8. That power gives you BOLDNESS to witness for God and to be a success in life.
4. The presence of the fire of God in your life or the Holy Spirit in your life should make you bear His fruit which is the fruit of the Spirit. When you allow the Holy Spirit to work in your life he engages a process that renews your mind and transforms your life so you begin to exhibit some behaviours that you did not have before. The behaviours are what is called the fruits of the Spirit as stated in Galatians 5 v 22 – love, joy, peace, long suffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance.
5. John 15 v 1-5, v8: Here we see that God has an expectation that every one of us should bear the fruits of the Holy Spirit which is not limited to SOUL WINNING alone but as can be seen in John 15 v 7. It is answered prayers, in verse 11 it is joy and in verse 12 love is mentioned.
The fresh fire is necessary because as long as there is fire in the camp, wild animals will keep off.
So how do you keep this fire going?
1. You add more fuel or wood into the fire. The WORD OF GOD is the wood that fuels the fire. Study the Word
2. Renew your mind – Exchange your ideas, experiences for what the Word of God says no matter the pains or disappointments you have passed through the Word of God must be honoured.
Pastor Busola Jegede